Own art scheme
The Own Art scheme is designed to make it easy and affordable for everyone to buy contemporary works of art and craft including paintings, photography, sculpture, glassware and furniture. Arts Council England aims to put the arts at the heart of national life. One of the ways we do this is to encourage people to live with art they love. We also want to help artists live by their creative output and support galleries who sell high quality contemporary art. You can borrow up to £2,500, or as little as £100, and pay back the loan in 10 monthly instalments – interest free*. The scheme is available through a network of over 250 participating venues across the country.
The OWN ART scheme interest free and take it home the same day
How much can I borrow?
– Loans are available from as little as £100 and up to £2,500
– The amount you borrow can be used to buy several items at a time or one or more items at different times in different galleries as long as the total borrowing amount does not exceed £2,500.
-The loan amount can be a part-payment towards an item that costs more than £2,500, or you can buy several lower value items at a time with a combined value of up to £2,500 or more.
– The loan can be used towards an artwork that costs more than £2,500
– Framing can be included in the loan
– The amount you borrow is paid back over 10 months in equal amounts
– There is no handling fee
– There are no hidden costs
– There is no charge for the credit
– 0% APR Representative
To be eligible to buy an artwork on this scheme you must:
– Be over 18 years old
– Resident in the UK
– In possession of a bank or building society account that can operate standing orders
– Be able to produce a valid form of ID and proof of address at the time of processing the loan paperwork
After satisfactory credit checks, a standing order will be set up to make your payments starting approximately one month from the processing of loan paperwork. This procedure can take up to 30 minutes so please set aside enough time on your visit to pay for your purchases using this scheme… (but we are usually armed with tea and biscuits to help pass the time!)
Who runs Own Art?
Own Art is a Creative United programme run in partnership with Arts Council England, the Arts Council of Northern Ireland and Creative Scotland.
Watch this video case study of one of our customers who used the Own Art Scheme to purchase a piece of work by Stephen Dixon