+44 (0)151 709 4014

crafts@bluecoatdisplaycentre.com

History

The Bluecoat Display Centre originated as one of this country’s earliest craft galleries in 1959. The founder of the Display Centre; Robert Gardner-Medwin, Professor of Architecture at Liverpool University, aimed to promote and display the work of leading designers of the time from a large studio in the Bluecoat Chambers. His ethos continues today, as a non profit distributing organisation promoting the finest contemporary craftwork by leading designer/makers.

Gardner-Medwin intended the work shown at the Display Centre to enhance good architecture and interior design and today we find we are still the place that leading professionals involved in Liverpool’s renaissance visit to achieve this.